Thursday, June 28, 2007

Kittys Kloset Spotlight Member and whats to come!

Congrats to Ian Cutler who has been chosen as this months KKSM! It is fabulous to have a male scrapbooker as part of the kloset!



"Tall (at least in my house), dark (relatively speaking in my family) and handsome (at least according to my dear wife, Lynn Anne) . A little different than the majority of scrapbookers.

I began my interest in actually scrapping over three years ago when Lynn Anne convinced me to join her for an online crop. I was a bit apprehensive about this idea. I liked to be helpful and give her some ideas with titles and some other thoughts, but this meant completing my own pages. I never considered myself artistic. I think I failed cutting in kindergarten and my fifth grade students really get a kick out of anything I try to draw on the board. After doing four pages and several challenges, I was hooked immediately. I just wanted to do more and more pages. My favorite subjects for layouts are my two beautiful children (ages 4 and 2), my wife, our furry friends, and even my class photos of my students from year to year.

I am mostly an online cropper. I love all the friends we have made online. I did have a great experience though for my birthday this year. (June 1) Lynn Anne surprised me by loading up the trunk of my car with my supplies, sent me on a wild goose chase with clues, phone calls, and text messages telling me where to go next, and sending me to my first real life crop. I had a ball.

Last year I was a guest designer at Have Your Way with Paper, I have done several reviews and I have been a featured blogger at Scrap Friends, and have recently been made a DT member at www.cropalatte.net.

I love this hobby for the same reasons as everybody else- a creative way to preserve memories for my family. But the real love in it for me, is it is an activity that I can share with my family. My love, my partner, my best friend, Lynn Anne, of course. My MIL and LA’s niece are scrappers too. (Although we do not get to see them very often.) Recently though, my son got his own scrapbook and just last week my 2 yr old daughter, (who we thought was too young) insisted on doing one too. They have helped us out with ours in the past, but being that there is basically no right or wrong when it comes to this activity they are on their way.

I am honored to be the featured member this month."

This is Ians favorite layout that he has created;





Check out Ians inspirational gallery!



Ians favorite Kloset Line is 3 bugs

For the month of June, you will receive double Shoebox Club points on any 3 Bugs purchases AND on any project completed for challenges.

(see Shoebox Club link for details and limitations)



The Dt has some special things planned for you for the month July starting July 9th! Make sure you mark it on the calender and check out all the fabulous things that will be going on!!!

No comments: